Sunday 8 June 2014

It's true, they're real.


Fake eyelashes. There fiddly, annoying and have a scary ability to make you look rather like a drag queen. Just under a year ago I decided to get eyelash extensions. My patience doesn't stretch to spending hours in front of a mirror sticking spiders legs to my eyes, so I felt I had found the perfect solution. Don't get me wrong, I loved my eyelash extensions and kept them for a good 8 months, getting them refilled every 3 weeks. But boy, they are expensive. Spending around £60 a month can become a little loathsome and to be honest, the upkeep began to become a bore. Trying to wash your hair without getting your face wet should require a degree and the glue used began to irritate my eyes. 

ANYWAY. The lashes had to go. Fickle as it sounds, it wasn't an easy decision. I had grown so used to not having to think about touching up mascara throughout the day and felt a little worried about going back to my 'natural' face. Whilst sifting through my little sister's makeup bag I found a little sample size of Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara. I've always been a big fan of Benefit, but was a little dubious to the mascara as I really don't love 'Bad Gal Lash'. How wrong I was.

(Yes, this is the tester tube but I currently down own to many monies so this will have to do!)

It's such a brilliant mascara. The application is really slick and doesn't clump the eyelashes at all. The brush is rubber which works way better for me than the synthetic types you find on others and I feel like it coats the lashes slightly more evenly. It even has a little bobble on the end so you can reach all those little niggly lashes which you usually just can't reach so it makes your eyes look extra huge and Zoey Deschanel-esque.  It sticks around all day too, which is something I find hard to come by. My mascara is usually begin to make a break for it by midday, but this one is for the long haul. 

It's pretty reasonably priced at £9.50 for the small sample tube (in Boots) and £19.50 for the full sized version. Ladies, we have a keeper. 

2 comments:

  1. my favorite high end mascara, i just love how my lashes look with this on but its so hard to get off, thats basically the only downside.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pain to get off, isn't it. I really want to try their new remover cream though! xxx

      Delete