Saturday 19 April 2014

Cake Face



I'm Katy and I love full coverage foundation. Please don't judge me. I envy girls who reach for their MAC Face and Body everyday, or who reach simply for the concealer to get them through the day. As a teenager my skin was always quite up and down, and it was something I was quite concious about. I discovered Estee Lauder Double Wear through Tanya Burr YEARS ago, and bought it as a means to disguise my teenage face (sob.) 

Four years later, aged twenty and with clear(ish) skin, it's still the most important thing in my make up bag. Throughout the year I can vary in shades, but my usual go to shade is 1N2 Ecru. The selection of shades is HUGE and they cater for such a wide variety of skin which a shade run for neutral, pink and yellow toned skin. 





The foundation comes in a glass bottle without an open top. To apply it, I tip a 10p sized blob on the back of my hand and dot it over my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose. On a day to day basis I just rub it in with my fingers, but if I want it too look a little more...polished, I use a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff it onto my skin. 

Coverage wise, it's thick. Use too much, and you get a serious case of the cake face. However, with the right amount and some good blending it makes you look like you woke up flawless. Once it's on, it's on. I don't ever feel like I have to 'touch up' in the day.

It's a little on the pricey side at £28.50 BUT a 30ml bottle lasts me a solid two months, and a little goes a long way. All in all, it's my saviour.

What's your favourite foundation?

4 comments:

  1. This is my ultimate favourite foundation!! Lasts all day and all night!

    I apply mine with a sponge/beauty blender which I find finishes it a little more flawlessly.

    Love your blog! You have a new follower on bloglovin'!

    L ♥
    lucylovehart | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a beauty blender is a really good idea! Thank you lovely, that's really sweet.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I use the one from Shiseido and I really love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my best friends uses a Shiseido one and loves it! I wish my skin was nice enough!
      xx

      Delete